Tolko recognizes co-products as a core business. Co-products include residual and whole log chips, sawdust, shavings and dark hog (bark).
Tolko is the largest non-integrated chip producer in British Columbia.Tolko has a chip supply base of 1,265,000 BDU’s in BC, 190,000 BDU’s in Alberta, 150,000 BDU’s in Manitoba and consumes 325,000 BDU’s at the Manitoba Kraft Paper Operation. Tolko also produces 620,000 BDU’s of sawdust and shavings and 750,000 BDU’s of hog.Tolko’s co-products are shipped via rail and truck. The company utilizes chip reload sites in BC’s lower mainland to fill barges and vessels to export markets in the US and Japan.
- Co-products (chips, sawdust, shavings and hogfuel)
- Tolko emphasizes partnerships with co-product customers and suppliers
- Market pulp production: NBSK, sawdust pulp
- Paper production: TMP, CTMP, newsprint
- Particle board, MDF, Power production, animal bedding
- Wood fuel pellets
- Interior Balsam
- Eight sawmills in BC
- Four Plywood/Veneer Facilities in BC
- Four Whole Log Chippers in BC
- One sawmill in Alberta
- One sawmill in Manitoba
- One Kraft Paper Mill in Manitoba
- Species sorting