Kraft Paper Features
a timely product for a growing world
First, there was SPK®, super performance kraft, and now there’s SPX® - an even tougher, stronger paper for two-ply, multi-wall packaging.
Together, SPX® and SPK® keep bag converters on the cutting edge from North America to Europe to Latin America. They’re two super performers!
SPX® is an outstanding, high-performance multi-wall paper. It combines remarkable cross-direction strength with added stretch in the machine direction creating a superior balanced sheet for today’s bag manufacturing equipment.
SPX® is more cost-effective than conventional papers in several ways:
- Converters running two-ply versus three-ply use up to thirty percent less paper per bag.
- Machines can run faster with fewer roll changes.
- Less paper inventory is needed.
- More bags stacked per pallet cutting shipping costs.
SPX® Velocity offers these additional advantages:
- Shorter Sack - SPX® Velocity air permeability means no requirement for internal void space in sacks during filling. This allows converters to shorten the bag length, reducing the sack size.
- Clean Packaging - No perforations eliminate dust and keeps the bag surface clean.
- Rapid Filling - Porous paper is superior to perforation for air evacuation. The faster air is evacuated from a pasted valve sack, the faster it can be filled and palletized.
SPX® Vector - The Single Ply Solution
This single ply solution provides the performance characteristics and cost reduction bag users require, and the runnability converters need.
- Reduced packaging - Less paper per sack.
- Excellent porosity - No perforations means cleaner handling for the packaging plant, point of purchase and end user.
- Strong Sack - Means faster fill speeds and a stronger bag for demanding applications.
- Increased stiffness- Compared with 2 ply 70gsm (43#) bags, one ply SPX® Vector bags run faster due to increased stiffness obtained by a heavier weight one ply.
- Cost savings
- Less paper per sack
- Stiffness allows production of sacks at higher speeds
- Less waste
- Faster changeover